Thursday 2 February 2012

Draft article

Lillia Dunkley - 'If you asked me a year ago what I'd be doing now, I'd of said still playing in pubs and stacking shelves at Tesco' 


The new indie youngstar has hit the UK with a bang in the past few weeks, and her fame seems to of only just begun..
After releasing her debut song 'Fear Not' just over 6 months ago, Britain seems to of taken an instant liking to her, and say they cannot wait to hear more. AIM got in touch with her last week to see how she's handling the new fame, and how she managed to get so well known, is so little time!

Its nice to finally see the face which everyone has been hyping about in the last few months! It must of all come to a massive shock to you?
Haha, I have to say this was the last thing I expected. Even after the debut song I never expected it to get this well known, and never expected to be asked for autographs and pictures everywhere I go! I was still playing in my own local pub just over a year ago!

Lets just hope you can live up to these expectations that people now have of you hey?! What more can we expect from you in the next year or so?
I'll try my best! Well, I've recently found the time to start working on an album. It may take sometime to be released to the public, but I just want to perfect it so I can give my fans what they deserve! I do however have a new single coming out soon which has already been made, just a teaser for the people before the real thing comes out!

Can't wait to hear it myself! How did the whole interest in music and wanting to become an artist come about in the first place? When did you realise you had such talent?!
Well my mother and father always had a massive love or music, and were both massive fans of The Beatles, who I seemed to grow up listening to everyday! At the young age of 9 my father taught me how to play some simple things on the guitar, and then by 13 I was fluently playing the guitar and singing! My mother first realised my talent then, and thought it would be a good idea to upload some of my music to YouTube, which clearly turned out to be a very good idea!

You mum deserves a massive thank-you then! Well unfortunately that's all we have time for this week. We would be delighted if we could speak to you in the near future after the album is out
She definitely does! Thanks a lot, yes feel free to get in touch whenever you want.  





No comments:

Post a Comment