Thursday 29 March 2012

Final Evaluation question 1

In What ways does your Media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real Media products?

As soon as this task was set I decided that I was going to do an indie/rock genre, as that is my personal favourite style of music, and the one which I know most about. After reading indie/rock magazines for a long period of time, I felt that I had instant inspiration from them, in the way that they are set out and how they look; colour schemes and type of language for instance.
I looked at magazines online and in real life, the main one being NME magazine, my weekly read. I also explored into the Rolling Stone magazine, Q magazine and Kerrang. All magazines are similar in the way they are presented, but just have a slightly different genre. For example, I found that the majority of the magazines focused the main story on what usually seemed to be male artists, which is where I got my inspiration to develop this and use a female artist instead. I did take inspiration from these magazines in how I layout my front cover, with a large masthead at the top and the main image in the centre.

No comments:

Post a Comment