Thursday 26 January 2012

Summary of pitch

I feel that my overall pitch went quite well. I reasearched a lot into other magazines, so I could prove that mine would be different. For example, I found out the percentage of male readers in magazines such as NME, Rolling Stone and Kerrang so I could say how I was going to make equal, so it would be different from others. I recieved feedback from my teacher and class that the title of my magazine could of been improved, and that I should decide on a sprecific typography and layout for my magazine.
For the photography, I recieved feedback that using an instrument such as a guitar for my model to hold would look good and stand out more. So I have decided to do this, as well as using an outside scenery, such as a forest/tree background, so it matches the idea of my magazine more. My contents page will consist of pictures of different people, to match the main story headline. Also, I will use gig/festival photos to go with my promotion of winning tickets to one of this years festivals.
Due to my magazine genre being indie/rock, I recieved feedback about the importance of costumes, and how they have to match this genre. I decided to do casual clothes rather than formal, so came up with the idea of a colourful t-shirt and shoes, so the picture will stand out. My class gave me feedback about that being a good idea.
My camera angles will be quite simple, a full body shot for the front page, and a casual shot with the female holding a guitar for the middle page spread. I feel this gives the impression to the audience that the magazine is very casual, but the audience will still no its all to do with music, due to the guitar in the picture.
I spoke to my class about how my magazine would stand out from others, and found out that the colour scheme would help that, due to the other indie magazine normal colour scheme being red, white and black, but I am using a brighter blue rather than red. I also decided to use a female model instead of the stereotyped indie model of a male.
The price of my magazine would be around £2.00, this is due to it being slightly cheaper than NME magazine (£2.20) and I feel its an acceptable price for the public to buy

1 comment:

  1. I feel that you had a great pitch and your animoto portrayed the genre of your magazine well. I like how you asked the audience for help with your magazine title due to the fact that you thought yours was not the right word you were looking for. I like how you have a smaller target audience of students, this will allow to you specifically target one era.
    Overall i think it was a successful pitch.

    ReplyDelete